Supergamer Linux Live DVD

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fiveos22, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

The question is, has anyone here used the Supergamer Live DVD on a Mac, particularly a Macbook? I am downloading the dvd iso torrent right now, but it will probably be a few days before I can get around to futzing around with this. The honest reason for doing this is that I am going through Wolfenstein: ET withdrawl (Rosetta sucks) and I need to see if there is a quick and painless way to get ET running well on my machine. If anyone has tried this I would love to hear about your experience.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

3. Fiveos22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I'm downloading it over bittorrent right now, I'll seed it for a while after I've finished downloading (currently 980 MB of 3.62 GB).

4. Fiveos22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

So I've finally downloaded it (one very slow torrent file) and burned it to a dvd, and booted it from the dvd and it looks like this is just an installer disc. With the precious little information available, it sure sounded like a linux distro that could be booted and fully functional off of the live dvd. I was mistaken. I don't have the time to install this for a month or two, however, you betcha I will be back here with a review once I have finally installed Supergamer.

So far, it still looks very enticing (with demos or Linux distros of Wolfenstein ET, Doom 3, UT2k4, and many others packed into the application folder).