Supermarket cheering squad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CanadaRAM, Feb 2, 2006.

1. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    In the supermarket today, picking up coffee and cold medicines :( -- apparently Thursday mornings are when all the grannies go shopping. Gridlock with shopping carts, the works.

Anyway as I'm waiting in the checkout line, a driver outside starts reversing from their parking stall without looking behind, and the car he's about to hit starts honking. This slows the driver down but not enough to make him stop, so more honking. All of a sudden, the grannies in the store watching start chanting "Road Rage! Road Rage! Road Rage!" -- like it's a touchdown at the Friday night game and they're the cheerleader squad. Funny, in a wierd kinda way.

High point of the day :p
  2. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    That's hilarious. :D

I know what you mean about thursdays - I work in a supermarket. It's our busiest day, bar saturday. It's because it's pension day for all of the grannies.
    You have to be super polite, otherwise they put you in your place...

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Yeah. I don't know about elderly chanting. Seems too ... incantatory.
  4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Oh man.. that picture made me laugh SO MUCH because it reminded me of something that happened today.

I was going home from Fry's, kinda ticked off, and I just made a left turn onto my street, in front of someone, THEY HAD AMPLE ROOM, and maybe only had to tap on the brakes if at all. So, I'm going, and the person makes eye contact with me, and they're waving their middle finger with their left hand, and talking on their cell with their right hand. Their middle finger was waving EXACTLY with the beat of my music I was listening to. I giggled the whole way home.

I think a supermarket cheerleading squad would be a great way to make the line seem shorter.
    I could TOTALLY head that up.
    All mid-height kicking, half-enthusiastic cheering, and bad rhyming.
    Watching me cheer about a pack of bubble-gum that is on sale would make the line seem faster. :p
  5. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
    What a great scene for a movie!

Maybe have the old ladies spin into a Busby Berkley dance number while singing / chanting about road rage. For some reason I see the scene ending with Monster Trucks crashing through all four walls of the grocery ...
  6. CanadaRAM thread starter macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Yer warped.....

I like it ....:D
  7. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    Wow, I was totally thinking of a Zack Braff dream sequence (a la scrubs) as I was reading the op. :D
    Ah, Victoria, old people, and kooky stories, how they go together