Supplies of iPods

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macmaniac, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

If you have noticed the supply of 4G iPods seems to be quite healthy. Apple has a 1-2day shipping estimate, and many Apple resellers had a decent stock. Compared to the mini, the 4G iPod is everywhere. Something tells me that Apple finally realized that they should have a huge stock of iPods because they have become so popular. I bet they built up a stockpile so that mini fiasco would not repeat itself. Apple would have shot themselves in the foot if both iPod models were hard to get!
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....I would not expect the supply problem with the new iPods as there is with the mini - the drives used in the mini are the supply problem and the new iPods are using the same drives they were using before.....oh yeah!
  3. Thussy macrumors member

Jul 19, 2004
    Mine was supposed to be shipped today.. it hasn't.. could this be a sign of thigns to come!

Damn Open.. turn to Shipped!
  4. zakee00 macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2004
    Anchorage, Alaska
    i really hope bestbuy has ipods tonight, i'll drop buy and see...nice avatar btw, wc3 rocks :)
  5. Macmaniac thread starter macrumors 68040

If you play WC3 look for me, my SN is NoobTree!
  6. iEric macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2003
    My estimated ship date was changed from 07/21/04 to 07/26/04 :(
  7. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    What are the usual shipping times? My new 20GB was shipped at around 1PM GMT this afternoon...but it says TNT EXPRESS (IRELAND) which I find a bit weird. Is it going to Ireland and then coming to England or what? Strange company...they're obviously 'doing a Dell' :rolleyes: