Support for Bush Continues to Drop, Poll Shows

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 14, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

[​IMG]

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Talk about ignorance.

3. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

And you wonder why Democrats struggle to woo new voters...

4. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Those people aren't ignorant. They're enlightened with the knowledge that God Himself has installed GWB. The President's mission is to catalyze the Rapture, when all who are Saved by the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will be swept up to Heaven, with the non-believers "Left Behind" to fend for themselves in this world.

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Doesn't the Anti-Christ catalyze the Rapture...? :eek:

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

The conditions have to be just right before the Anti-Christ appears. My Evangelical friends who come into my home by way of the television tell me that it's a Christian's duty to help God in bringing the Rapture - whether it's blanket support for Israel, school prayer or teaching intelligent design in science class. The Biblical prophecies of the conditions for the Anti-Christ's appearance have to be fulfilled. We can help God in fulfilling those prophecies. It's true because it's in the Bible, at least the way my Evangelical friends explain it.

7. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Rod Rod, are you mocking or do you actually belief in that fluff? If you're mocking, well done.

8. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Yes I'm mocking . . . I tried to come across as serious but I think the first part of the second sentence in the post I wrote previous to this one is sort of a giveaway ("My Evangelical friends who come into my home by way of the television tell me.")

I think the one serious point I was trying to make is that there are plenty of people out there in America who sincerely believe in catalyzing the Rapture, who believe that the United States of America is a Christian (Protestant, but Catholics should vote Republican) country with a Christian (Protestant, but we don't mind support from Catholics like Sean Hannity) mission to spread Democracy (although Ann Coulter let it slip that we should spread Christianity) throughout the world in order to bring forth (their version of) God's will.

9. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Just checking. I have nothing against religion, I just think that they need to redraw the line between Religion and State. They are supposed to have nothing to do with each other, nothing at all.

Edit: Look for a CBC episode of 'The Fifth Estate' entitled "Sticks and Stones". It showed a very good picture of how the extreme ring winged Republicans are using the media to spread their lies and ignorance onto the people. Showed how inept people like Bill O'Reilly and Anne Coultar truly are. Bill O'Reilly makes up facts, and Anne Coultar just doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. If you want I could provide examples.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No need to provide links to established fact. :p

You don't have be a Dem (or non-religious for that matter) to think Bush is doing a bad job. But I guess it helps. Do you think he's doing a good job? Because I would like to know why. Seriously. Why?

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush is doing a Fanatastic Job if you are Haliburton, if you are a Pharamacy giant, if you sell bombs and planes, If you are in Iraq, If you dont have a Hurricane, If you Dont care about truth, if you dont care about our Borders, If you care only about the Corporations he is doing a Fanatastic Job. Now if we are talking about Americans in Our country well then.......it looks a little iffy.

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i think a lot of people respond in autopilot (read party-lines) to these questions, and the real approval rate is lower.

It's sad the trend throughout the presidency is consistently negative and if it wasn't for the patriotic surge post 9-11 his approval rate would be single digit.

13. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    so you're saying it's cheney's job?

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you just get scared when you see a strong, independent WOMAN doing her thing!!

15. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

You're kidding right? Sex has nothing to do with idiocy.

16. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

didn't my line sound awfully similar to the oft spouted garbage about hillary? :)

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Carpe diem, Democrats, carpe diem.

This is really a gift to the Democrats. One of the major factors among large blocks of Bush voters was that he (and by extension, the Republicans) was stronger in a crisis. Well, now we know that isn't true.

This would be a very good time for someone like Howard Dean to propose, on behalf of the Democratic party, exactly how FEMA should be reorganized, to decry the incredible GOP indulgence in patronage appointments, and to talk about spending our money more sensibly.

(No, I'm not blind to the fact that patronage exists among the Dems as well, but then Clinton never hired any Arabian horse show organizers to run FEMA, either.)

The basic idea is, look Presidential when Bush does not. That'll go a long way to helping the Democrats win in 2006 and 2008.

18. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

No joke! One of the most oft repeated phrases I heard right after the election ended was, "Well, I voted for him because I feel he's better at dealing with Terrorism."

Hate to say I told you so, but come on! The whole bunch of them folded like a wet napkin when Katrina hit.

Wait, what am I talking about? Of COURSE they have a contingency plan!

Terrorist attack?!?! Bomb Peru!!!

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

ha!
    and what if the terrorists were from Peru?

20. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

In that case it'd be Venezuela's fault. The Honorable Reverend Dr. Pat Robertson has already sent out the invitation to Chavez for U.S. covert forces to "take him out" to dinner (or kidnapping or assassination).

21. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

wow! so this time they really covered their bases!

22. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Democrats seem to be very good at pointing fingers instead of proposing solutions. Instead of stepping up and saying "This is how we would have done it, this is how it should have been done" they just blame the President...

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I actually agree with this sentiment. (You see, it can happen.)

A cardinal rule in politics: don't help your opponent commit suicide.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

A constructive alternative would be nice, for a change.

25. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Except Howard Dean would stand up and say something stupid, as he usually does. The Democrats need to go back to Marketing 101, they have no clue.

Until they get their act together, I see Bush annointing a successor shortly. How sad that would be.