Support Group: Waiting for my G5 iMac w/ BT

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AndiePandie, Sep 20, 2004.

1. AndiePandie macrumors regular

Did you order a G5 iMac with the BT plus keyboard and mouse option but have yet to receive shipping news? Are you happy for those that have recieved their order or have shipping status but yet frustrated at the same time because yours is still on hold for whatever reason? Then this is the group for you! You are not alone in this. Many of us are going through the same thing and the best thing we can do is support each other.

This is the place we can discuss our frustrations and theorize about what the delay could be. We can get through this together!

I'll go first. :)

Hello, my name is Andie and I ordered a 20" G5 iMac with BT option on 8/31. My ship date is still "on or before 9/29". Because I have learned of others hearing news on their computers I have developed a problem in which I can't leave my computer for fear of missing something regarding shipping status. I'm constantly checking my email and this forum for any bit of news I can grasp. *sigh*

Anyone else? :p

2. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

Yes, me. I ordered a 17" w/BT on day 1, then I gave my head a good shake, and phoned in to switch it to a 20" w/BT a few days later. I figure as long as the "before Oct 4/04" date does not slip, then I will be happy. Hopefully the first change I see to the order status is "Shipped" instead of a new date!

I don't really need BT, but thought it would be a good future-proofing option.

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

17" with bluetooth, wireless keyboard & mouse.....and 250GB Hard drive. Ordered on 9/1/04.....supposed to ship 'on or before 10/1/04.
    Here's hoping to before:)

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

My name's Ian, and I too, am a Late Shipper. I ordered a 20" w/ 2gig RAM, 250gig HD, BT w/ mouse and keyboard. My ship date is 10/8/04. I'm relatively satisfied, knowing that Apple's stock is low, and they've always stuck to ship times for me. Hopefully all goes well.

5. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Yes, my heart also skipped a beat when I saw that some people's BT orders had already shipped, figuring that being an early adopter (Aug 31 @ 0640 PST), I might see mine soon, but alas, my shipping date is unchanged, and my order is still open.

Apple also teased me by already sending the accessories that I ordered to be shipped with the iMac.

I am sorely tempted to check my email and refresh my order page every hour, but I will control that urge, and limit myself to 2 refreshes per day. Of course, it can be hard to stop after 1 or 2 refreshes, so maybe I should just completely abstain...

Edit -> pdpfilms, did you buy 2 GB of RAM from Apple?

6. AndiePandie thread starter macrumors regular

*waves* Welcome everyone!

I have already checked my email and have nothing. I also checked the Apple store and the ship date has not changed. Boooo

OT: pdpfilms, is that supposed to be Cleatus talking in your sig? I think that's hysterical! :p

7. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Another 17" BT mouse and keyboard order-er here. Ordered on 8/31 at 2pm PST and still no signs of the bugger shipping.

Apple has shipped the printer I ordered, and Crucial the ram. The ship date still says on or before 9/31.