Support HL 2 for mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jeffx342, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Has any of these petitions actually done anything? I'm only signiture number 117 and how is a small list like this going to do anything? I'm not saying that everyone shouldn't sign it and see if they listen, just don't get your hopes up.

P-Worm

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yes, they released a Batman DVD with censors and people HATED it and they wrote a petition and sent letters and stuff and they got them to release a new one without censors and stuff, kinda cool acually.

4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Imagine the petitions for the first HL! And uncensoring a DVD is a lot less work than rewriting an entire game. Not that petitions hurt anything, but I would guess it'd take nearly a million signatures before Valve would look at it.

5. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Exactly. I signed. The more games, the better.

7. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

It will if you wind up with a piddly amount of signatures.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but everyone and I mean EVERYONE, involved with the Mac, Apple and Valve knows of the demand for Half Life 2 on the Mac. A petition isn't going to change any minds unless it's a flop. And it could very well flop because everyone, and i mean EVERYONE ;), who works in the Mac games industry for a living knows that petitions are basically worthless, particularly for new titles.

8. Jeffx342 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont know if Valve really knows that their is a high demand on this game

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well after watching the half life 2 e3 trailer i have this feeling that a mac wont be able to handle a game like this, maybe if the 970's are powerful enough, but we would still need to see some high end video cards like the 5900 of 9800. hell i dont even know if my pc can handle it and its pretty badass.

iJon

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The 970s should be able to handle it without any trouble. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Apple announce 9800s in the near future. BTW it's being developed (for Windows) with the 9800 as the target.

11. ollywilson2003 macrumors member

Unfortuantly if they did release it only a 970 with a FX 5900 or a Rad 9800 would be able to take it....

(Sniff, I guess my iMac 17" with Geforce 4MX is outta the question.)

P.S. I signed the petition

12. RiseAgainst macrumors regular

I read a few weeks back (I forget which magazine) that valve was very interesting in making HL2 availible for macs alredy and that it is most likely a definate.

Also, HL2 should be able to run fine on most machines. Valve made it so people with most cards could run the game (lower quality in some cases of coarse). I remember reading this becasue many are complaing how DOOM III cant run on not high end machines.

13. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

14. couch potato macrumors regular

yeah valve claimed that they would probobly be able to get it to run on a 700mhz PC, so.....yeah. also, i read somewhere that the gamespy and e3 demos were done on 2ghz PC's. who knows, just like doom 3, if you turn down the res, etc....you could run it:)

15. NNO-Stephen macrumors 6502

NNO-Stephen