Supreme Commander Beta via Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Games' started by RustyM, Nov 8, 2006.

1. RustyM macrumors regular

RustyM

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Supreme Commander, the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, but I'm anticipating this release even more then The Burning Crusade.

Last night I loaded the beta on my roommates mac pro and it looks awesome. It's still an early beta, so the game isn't fully optimized yet. However, the graphics and gameplay are most excellent.

2. Zadillo macrumors 65816

Same here....... I loaded up the beta on my C2D 2.33 GHz MBP and it seems to run great (actually, it runs smoother than on my desktop, which is an Athlon 64 3400+ with a 6800GT graphics card). Can't wait for the final version.

3. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

never heard of it, but i do however know what Total Annihilation is. loved that game

4. Zadillo macrumors 65816

Supreme Commander is the new RTS from Chris Taylor, the guy who did TA. It's been hugely anticipated:

http://www.supremecommander.com/

If you liked TA, from what I've played so far of Supreme Commander, I think you will like it.

5. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

your saying its basically a much better upgraded version of ta then?? if so i may be interested. ta was a sweet game back in the windows 95 era!

6. Zadillo macrumors 65816

Hrmm, something like that. Definitely some aspects of it make me think "Total Annihilation 2", but it also feels very much like its own game. Do a search for some of the previews/etc. of it and check the site, and you should get an idea of what it will be like.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

And the only reason is isn't TA2 is that the company that owns the rights won't let 'em use the name now. ;) SC might as well be TA2, it's definitely the spiritual successor.

A friend made me play TA recently and I love it. Really looking forward to SC, I might even consider buying it to run on my Mac Pro (I tried the beta and of course it ran good, won't get the extra DX10 stuff with the X1900 but whatever).

8. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Gay, I was really looking forward to the beta, but I didn't hear about it until I saw this thread, so I got on FilePlanet, but they arent giving out any more beta keys right now.:( Oh well, I hope they give out more, so I can play.

9. Zadillo macrumors 65816

They've been releasing them in batches, so it shouldn't be long before another batch of keys becomes available.

10. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

Thanks for the info. I will keep on the lookout now.