Supreme Court Upholds Oregon Suicide Law

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Jan 17, 2006.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/17/AR2006011700435.html?referrer=email

Of note:

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

It's great news but I'm sure there will be other similar challenges as other states attempt to do the same and those opposed to assisted suicide will only be helped by this case.

Alito is one slimy bugger and with confused and deluded Thomas and Scalia's religious posturing, the USSC is in for a bumpy ride for the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Scalia quit this next year so that bushco can load the courts even more.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol.. Scalia ain't going anywhere for a while.

However, does it strike anyone else as ironic that the three justices voting to uphold federal powers over state's rights are Roberts, Scalia, and Thomas?

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if we go by the supposed "power of the states" tenet of the conservatives, sure.

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Only if you haven't realized that state's powers are only good when you agree with them and judicial activism is only for decisions you disagree with....

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The states need to take back power from the all powerful never does wrong and there is never anyone to take the blame" "fed." This same federal govt who screwed up on Katrina,Iraq,and letting in the terrorists.

7. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

There are certain powers the federal government is supposed to have. Widespread natural disaster relief is one of them.

Bush has abandoned the duties he's charged with and usurped powers he doesn't have. He's not doing his job and worse.

He's like a lazy co-worker who slacks off, ****s everyone else over because of his sloth, and then after he quits five years down the road the company finds out he's embezzled them bankrupt and knocked up all the board's teenage daughters.