Suprise :(

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Aug 22, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

well I have been thinking about how appole used to confuse us with ther mass secrecy, but now with all these rumors sites (there is nothing wrong with them), but all the shocking secrets are being ruined, I would get excited before a MW keynote and now I know whats goign on before it even happens, which defeats the suprise element thats apple used to bring to me, its still has some sort of surpirse but not as much as before, I mean we alreayd know what the new OSX update is, and its ruined already

are we taking the surprise out of it are we helping it build itself up more

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Suprise :(

Ah... the age old topic...

Should I know what sex my baby is?
    Should I peak at my christmas presents?
    Should I visit mac rumors sites?

:)

arn

3. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah I know, but I was only thinking and now back to the spreading :D

4. vniow macrumors G4

That's a tough one. I don't know about you, but I was pretty suprised when the new Powermacs came out, I was hoping they'd be a little faster.:( But I think Apple's growing up and moving away from suprises. They seem to be abandoning major announements at big expos like MWNY, so that's a little suprise. It's real interesting to watch the energy build up right before Apple's going to release a new product. They still have a loyal following, suprises or not. I think the rumor sites help Apple figure out what to do next because these sites are filled with code-savvy techies, people who are good at marketing and average consumers that want to get to know a little more about computers. As for your question, I think that we do spoil some of the suprise by leaking out rumors early, but in the future, it won't matter. Apple's still got some tricks up their sleeves.:)

5. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, I was also surprised by how sucky they were :). Big shock. I was expecting 1.6Ghz G4s with a 333Mhz SDR fsb and support for DDR ram :p

6. jrbohorquezg macrumors member

Sucky?!? you say Sucky?!? Come take a look at mine... It really rocks!!

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I would tell someone that was saying that the suprise was getting ruined that he should stop looking at rumor sites. :D - Apple could sure suprise us if they released an electric car or something. Apple and BMW could make a nice looking car. The beetle is iMac looking already.

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Are you telling me you weren't surprised with the new iMac?

;)

Apple can keep a few secrets up it's sleeve... i think it's a lot of work for them, because they have to tighten all the screws before they start something big, but it can still be done :)

Meanwhile, it's fun to imagine and envision, which is what we do here...

:)
    pnw

9. MidnightRambler macrumors newbie

I'm always surprised.

Apple hasn't failed to underwhelm me in years.