Surround Speakers Died After iTunes 7 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmike100, Sep 12, 2006.

1. mcmike100 macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    After installing iTunes 7 on my Windows PC (using nForce 2 sound outputting to my receiver), the rear speakers stopped outputting sound.

However, Windows Media Player still outputs to them.

Any idea how to fix iTunes (QuickTime also has the problem)?

2. animefx macrumors regular

May 10, 2005
    I have this problem too... Randomly in iTunes 7 (works fine in any other media player) my left speaker will cut off completely and it will only play in the right speaker.

My speaker is NOT going bad because Winamp and WMP plays audio fine without this problem.

3. jj.maclean macrumors newbie

May 22, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    I am having a similar problem I have a 7.1 setup and it works great in every other program except iTunes! I even tried adjusting Creative CMSS balance slider all the way to the back speakers but I get nothing out of them, and oddly enough the front speakers are still playing when they shouldn't be!

4. UberMac macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2005
    I'm using my iMac's built in speakers. During some songs (Truly, Madly, Deeply for example) the speakers will "pop" and then I won't get any output from them in ANY application until I change the volume using the keyboard controls which, again, makes an annoying pop, and all of a sudden my speakers work again.

It's incredibly annoying! My crazy theory - I think iTunes must be outputting the sound slightly differently which is blowing the speakers self protection circuits...