Surveys: Women Know Little About Urinary Infections

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Mar 19, 2004.

1. macrumors P6

wdlove

2. macrumors regular

regular yogurt with live culture :D
    crank yankers is great.

"It's my birthday! Yay!"

3. macrumors newbie

and men = ?%

But seriously, how many men know *poot* about it? I'd say based on conversations with friends, male and female, over the years, that women have been the only ones to have a clue-- unfortunately though this was usually after a bout of UTI. The news report referenced above could have gone on to warn that left untreated, a UTI can lead to kidney infection +more, but instead just leaves you wondering... hmph, editors.

4. thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

To the credit of the article it does give ways to prevent a UTI, which is the best. They also apply to men.

Only the same percentage know that simple precautions -- proper hygiene, emptying the bladder after intercourse, and plenty of fluids -- can prevent it.

Happy B-Day briankonar. Hope that you had a special day. Any Mac purchase?

5. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

women know little about their own bodies unless they go looking for answers-- the male-dominated medical and education systems give very poor answers. it's true on both sides of the spectrum, junior-high sex ed still uses line diagrams of genetalia, but the most many women get out of sex-ed is a sentence or two about yeast infections. it's quite abysmal.

of course, in a society that until 100 years ago didn't uniformly accept the existence of a female orgasm, what can be said. i'd hate to be a woman.

paul