Surviving as the only Mac in the office

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carl201167, Mar 13, 2007.

1. carl201167 macrumors regular

I recently persuaded my company to switch my Dell for a MacBook Pro :) as I occasionally have to edit video

It's great of course, but I have to co-exist with everyone else on Windows. I'm running Parallels, mainly for Outlook but it's a bit clunky to switch all the time

Is it practical for me to switch to a Mac alternative to Outlook and stay compatible? I know Entourage exists, but I've heard that meeting requests and calendar sharing isn't quite as seamless as it needs to be?

I'm hoping to convert more people in the office over to the Mac side, so any help much appreciated

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I've used Entourage in an Exchange environment for the last 3 years. I routinely book and accept meetings with others using the calendar without any issues. When I book a meeting and 'Invite' others, I can view the invitees free/busy time and select a time that's free for all invitees the same as in Outlook. Changes in meeting times are correctly processed and time zones are handled OK. I haven't run into any issues so I don't think you should have any calendar problems at all if the server settings are plugged in correctly.