Suspicious Entourage Activity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kelleygirl, Nov 28, 2005.

1. kelleygirl macrumors newbie

I use Entourage as my email client. When I log on, it connects to my ISP server and downloads my messages fine. But recently it has started to ALSO connect several times a day to "ldap.four11.com." And once that froze my system for several minutes. I have no idea why it's doing this and am suspicious that something's wrong. I run Norton AntiVirus and it has alerted me to nothing. Any ideas??

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Entourage is a steaming pile from Microsoft. The only reason to use it is if Mail cannot access your Exchange account. Otherwise, you should avoid it like the plague.

One is the things that makes Entourage so bad is that it does unpredictable and unexplainable things. This is the case with your installation. You don't have a virus, you have Entourage.

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

ldap.four11.com doesn't appear to be a valid address even.

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Check your accounts and see if someting wasn't setup with that address.

5. DanielNTX macrumors regular

It's looking for an LDAP server Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. It's for searching e-mail addresses from a directory. My university uses it so you can look up other people and get their identity and e-mail address.

I think the four11.com is a default one included in the install but is now defunct.