Swamp of the Living Dead

Discussion in 'Community' started by Squire, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Squire macrumors 68000

Squire

(I haven't been very good at starting threads these days but this one is bound to bomb. Here goes anyway...)

This is weird. A few weeks ago, I received a package from my university where I'm doing a few graduate courses. One of the packages came with an audio CD that, when inserted into my mac, came up as Swamp of the Living Dead. I laughed it off and assumed that the uni got cheap and was just re-burning old Australian B-movies.

A few minutes ago, I inserted an old mp3 disc I made a few years ago. Sure enough, it also came up as Swamp of the Living Dead. (The actual CD contained Phish and DMB concerts.)

After a Google search, I learned that an old Superfriends episode was called Swamp of the Living Dead. I haven't seen that show in 25 years. What's up with that? Was some iTunes developer playing tricks?

Squire

2. Squire thread starter macrumors 68000

Squire

Yeah, just about the reaction I expected this would get. :(

Mods, put me out of my misery. Gimme a one-way ticket to wasteland, please.

Squire

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I don't think this should be wastelanded. This seems like an iTunes bug, so you should perhaps wait for answers a little more. But it seems like a good idea to contact Apple IMO.

4. Squire thread starter macrumors 68000

Squire

Well, I don't think I'd waste their time. It's really just a curiosity thing. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing. In both cases, the discs undoubtedly would have come up as "Audio CD" anyway.

Thanks for your input.

Squire

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Just leave feedback on their iTunes page and let Apple decide ;)

6. Squire thread starter macrumors 68000

Squire

Good point. I'll do that. Maybe they'll think I've gone insane. :rolleyes:

Squire