Sweater from the Mothership

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rontheancient, Oct 5, 2006.

1. rontheancient macrumors regular

I bought a black sweater with a grey Apple logo from the company store, and wore it for the first time yesterday. Here is what happened...

I got off class and began to bike back to my dorm when WHAM..., my front wheel gets caught with the pedal of another bike and down I went on my backpack, which had my Powerbook and PDA in it (which are ok). The person and I get through all the formalities, the sorries, etc., then I get back on the bike. Two minutes later, I collide with a pedestrian, having my handlebar hook into the pedestrians sweater pocket, causing me to land on my backpack.

Again, with all the formalities done, I proceed... at a slower pace, until I narrowly miss a UPS truck turning into the road. Three minutes later, I glance at something and return looking forward only to find a big hunk of red aluminium that is a Unitrans Bus infront of me, I brake hard enough so that I am a inch from rear ending the bus.

The next day, I am getting a cup of coffee at the dining commons, when I accidentally knock it to the ground, breaking the cup, and spilling coffee on me. Later, I attend my Calculus class only to be lost and utterly clueless about the material covered. Once I return to my dorm, I find that I left my key card in the room, but I was able to get back in anyway.

What do these unfortunate events have to do with the sweater you ask? I was wearing that sweater in all those events and those events are the only mishaps I had so far in the last month.

So........

Would anyone like to buy a fairly new Apple branded sweater?

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

What did you do to piss the man off upstairs?

Also, can you post a pic of it?

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, let's see this infamous sweater of yours.

4. rontheancient thread starter macrumors regular

I dont have a camera with me, but I will take some pictures when I fly back home tomorrow. BTW, I am not wearing that thing on the plane.

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

^^Yeah I think that might be a wise decision...

6. rontheancient thread starter macrumors regular

Something to think about...

Apples never crash, yet I crashed twice.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Hell, I'd burn it before ever getting to the airport. Wouldn't want to take any chances. ;)

Sweater from the Mothership

Well not entirely on topic,

If you keep colliding with pedestrians, maybe you should give them more room. It really bothers me when an inconsiderate cyclist blows past me, from behind, at high speed on a pedestrian path. Like I should anticpate them going past?

It isn't your sweater - it's your riding skills.

A little advice, one of those larger vehicles you mention could put an end to your angst really quickly.

Just my 2 cents.

9. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

Yikes, you sure have been having some bad luck there. The upside, though, is that I doubt that the coffee was able to stain it.

I suggest you give that sweater as a gift to someone you dislike... they'll never be the wiser to it muawhahaha.

10. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Off topic, but I assume you're in Davis?

I've ridden Unitrans many a time whilst drunk :cool:.

11. rontheancient thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, im a Aggie. The sweater has no visible stain on it, but it does smell of coffee, the bad thing is that it just came out of the wash only a hour before the accident... the one with the coffee.
    As for my biking skills, im a freshman, so does that kinda excuse me?

The cool thing about the bike crashes is that I was joking around after the crash. The pedestrian I hit didnt even fall down, while I was kissing the asphalt (which I kinda deserved), he began to tell me how the handle bar got caught in his pocket and I asked "Is the pocket ok?".

12. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

eewww.......the evil transcending, accident-inducing sweater from hell :D

but seriously though, do NOT take any pics of it, or it will proliferate rapidly and haunt your entire wardrobe forever.

And then there will be numerous very late night visits from 3 guys in extremely black suits, with very big, strange looking guns, who will somehow convince you to undergo several very unusual but harmless medical procedures at a remote lab located at a place you've never heard of before :p

ps: dont worry, the trip to the lab & back only takes 131.6590147 light years, during which you will only age .000003952 seconds

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO! I'm sorry but in the end, this is the best post I've seen in a while! You're quite funny. You can't ride a bike for **** and you're probably to blame for that, but you're still funny.

14. rontheancient thread starter macrumors regular

Glad people are having as much fun as I had.

As for my bike skills, you gotta take into account that

1) Im a freshman, and school just started last week.
    2) A 240lb tub of lard like me is not built for riding bikes, higher center of gravity.
    3) Im not too bright.
    4) I have the attention span of a carrot and the IQ of one too.

The fact that I just noticed that 3 and 4 are pretty much the same confirms statements 3 and 4.