Sweatshirts

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DarkNetworks, Oct 22, 2005.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

do u wear your sweatwear tight or not so tight a.k.a just fit or big?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I wear a sweatshirt to be warm, so it's kinda big.

Also, it's a sweatshirt from Apple, and their sizing is REAALLYY screwed up, so a normal medium or large is a small.. :confused:
    (I have a giant head, and I couldn't get it through the "extra small" :()

I wear my sweaters tight though. So much the cute!
    (I have this really cute one that I wear with jeans and boots. SO CUTE!!)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I wonder if I should ask for pics or just walk away slowly...

:p

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Instructions for treatment of a mad jew:

• Do not feed mad jew, not even lovely sweet foods.
    • Do not pet mad jew.
    • Do not startle mad jew.
    • Resist the temptation to comb mad jew's hair, body or head.
    • Avoid eye contact.

From this I'd say that a photo is out of the question. Who knows what a flash camera could do to mad jew. Definitely walk away slowly. :eek:

6. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Arghhh my eyes... my eyes....

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Aggh.. but I want to give the mad jew some popcorn...
    will it fling feces at me like the other ones at the zoo?
    Aaaaannnndddd it's 3:10 am and I'm thinking about stuff like that? I need to go to sleep!:p

8. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That depends on the size of his nipples ... on second thought, I think I'll join you in walking away slowly. :)

9. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

Oh dear, when did they start displaying Mad Jews at the zoo? Maybe next time Im there Ill bring my 2B and sketch him for ya =).

edit: as for the sweater thing, at my ideal (stud-ly) weight, I wear em a lil snug. Otherwise, normal/comfy?

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

• Do not get a Mad Jew wet
    • Do not feed a Mad Jew after midnight
    ;)

Clothing that fits well will keep you warmer. This is particularly true when it comes to jackets. I used to work at a high-end sports store back home in Toronto, in the childrens section, mind you, and when those maniacal parents used to come back and demand to know why their children's jackets didn't keep them warm enough, I only had to look at the kid's jacket and his physical size to find the answer 99% of the time.

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Ah yes, but you see, girl-clothes comes in 2 sizes:
    wwaaaayyyyy tooo small so I can't breathe and I have to stand up straight and suck in my stomach all the time
    and
    too big

THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND! (mostly because if it fits in my chest, it's too big in my stomach, and if it fits in the stomach, I can't breathe. I don't know how I live with those things :rolleyes:)

it's not bigbig but.. like ... fits like a sweatshirt normally fits big, so it looks huuuuge in comparison to everything else other people are wearing.

Zomg I'm so weird I don't like to sit and have everyone see my buttcrack!
    What a weirdo!

am I allowed to pet the Abstract?
    Is the Abstract actually concrete, allowing for petting of it?
    Can I feed it?

:confused: ;)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Obviously you didn't get my Gremlins reference.

Ha HA (?)

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

DAH! So true, Katie, can I give you my bf's # and have you reiterate? He never believes me until other people, usually complete strangers tell him the same damned thing.
    Hmm... now that you mention it, it is sort of like that, huh? Except I don't notice it so much for sweatshirts but for tops overall-- sweatshirts are almost always too big for me. :(
    To answer the OP's question-- a blend of Katie's answer and...

If it is really cold out, I'll do massive layers: camisole (or 'tank top' for those uninformed individuals), long sleeve shirt, t shirt over that, a TIGHT TIGHT sweatshirt, and then a jacket/coat over that...

If I'm at home; BIG slouchy sweatshirt, preferably my rather big bf's sweatshirts. Hee. Extra cloth to protect me from the cats' claws and serves double duty because I can pull it over my bent legs so I can keep my whole body warm w/ his sweatshirts. :p

If it's normalish weather hm... probably attempt to wear more fitted sweatshirts but I'm pretty petite and most stupid sweatshirt manufacturers don't make them small enough!!! DAMN YOU ALL!

Ah, and this wasn't part of the OP, but I love love love love love love hooded sweatshirts, I am literally obsessed w/ them. I've only got over 20, but every time I see them I'm still inexplicably drawn to them... Crewneck sweatshirts? I only own one... and that's because it was a boy's size medium and was less than $5 brand new. :p

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Well, you wouldn't be too welcome in Britain at the moment. If you read certain papers, you'd get the idea that the 'hoodie' represents the end of civilisation. :rolleyes:

Here's some recent examples:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4365542.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=349298&in_page_id=1770

15. Lau Guest

Also agree on the whole sizing thing. :mad:

I wear sweatshirts (and t-shirts) tightish, cos I is cool, and down with da kids. ;) Also, it means you don't have to iron! Tightish t-shirts and jumpers just iron themselves when you put them on, and so do jeans, as long as they're not mega baggy. I only iron shirts, and then only if I really have to. Hanging them up to dry does wonders.... I am so lazy...:rolleyes:

16. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

To fit. I have a hooded sweatshirt from Sewanee that I've been wearing each winter for years. Much comfortableness.

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Gasp! The horror! To say good bye to hoodies. :( I don't usually wear my hood, eh who am I kidding, I do when there's a bit of a breeze/wind, definitely helps to keep your cheeks warmer (but the poor nose, always cold).
    So true, those really snug tanks that just miraculously look less wrinkled on. Gotta love that. Actually, what works pretty well for more casual shirts is to hang it in the bathroom while you shower-- the steam and gravity can help to take out a lot of the wrinkles and leave you w/ little to no work (depending on the article of clothing/ fabric). ;)

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You know, now that I think about it, my Toronto Maple Leafs "Original 6" hoodie is sized XXL, and I'm definitely a Med or Large size. ;)

19. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Oh.
    I've seen that movie before.

I kinda forget what happens in it, as it came out four years before I was born.

Aahahahha, who did I just make feel really old? Raise your hand!

/Gremlins 2 came out when I was 2....
    //imagine showing that movie to a toddler
    ///I'd still be screaming
    ////AHH!

20. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

21. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i'm kind of a fan of sweatshirts, especially the hooded kind--so much more comfortable than jackets and almost as warm (although in san antonio it doesnt really matter) for some reason ive worn the same green track jacket/sweatshirt thing to school for like 3 weeks...(it's really cold in teh building)
    oh, i wear them kinda tight, cause i'm weirdly shaped so that if it fits my arms/head it's too small on my torso and if it fits my torso my head/arms are swimming in it...ok, im not weirdly shaped; i'm fat :p :eek:

22. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I only have one sweatshirt that was purchased in Las Vegas several years ago. I wear it when it is a bit cold indoors or to bed during the cold winter days. Same with sweatpants, only wear them during the cold winter days. I prefer not to tight but not to baggy. I like them just right.

Never been a fan of hooded sweatshirts. I can see them as being pretty good during the cold days. Just was never really into them.