Sweet iMac stand

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by skymaXimus, Aug 23, 2003.

1. skymaXimus macrumors regular

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

1. I hope that stand is more stable than it looks (it appears to be very top heavy).

2. It's kinda scary. It looks like the iMac is wheeling towards you like some lankly electronic predator.

Lethal

3. Keith Purfield macrumors regular

That thing is evil looking. Plus, it's $500. That's a lot for a desk that only fits one type of computer.

4. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

WTF? Do you think this is a very comfortable desk or something?
    This thing looks stupid and freaking price of 500 bucks is crazy for 4 metal tubes on the wheels and one metal sheet.
    Go to staples or some other office store and see what you can get there for like 100-200 bucks.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah, but how many desks can you attach a leash too and pull behind you like a wagon? :D

Lethal

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

someone pointed this out several months ago, when they were taking preorders. it's actually a high-style desk, something like a $5000 sofa that's not comfortable to sit on-- it's all about the design. it's kind of wasted on most of you, frankly... there are a lot of places that would want a form factor like this... not really great for most consumers, tho...

pnw

7. skymaXimus thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't say everyone had to buy one. I think its really beautiful and would work great in a coffee room setting or even a dorm room next to your main desk. Ease up yo!

8. MacMaelstrom macrumors member

To me it's one of those things that only people who MUST have custom this, custom that, will get... God if I get an iMac... :cool: :cool: :cool:

9. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

yeah...it's not all that practical...and i do remember seeing it posted not long after the flat panel imacs were introduced.

it actually makes the imac look like a robot.

10. skymaXimus thread starter macrumors regular

I once heard this dude refer to his computer as his robot while talking to a tech about the computers problems. He was like "Well I just can't get my robot to browse the web properly" It was the funniest thing I've ever heard. So sometimes I call computers robots just to see other people reactions.

11. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Wow, that iMac stand-thing is wicked sketchy...looks like it's chasing down prey.

Well, it's still better looking than the Gateway stand:

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah i remember making a thread about this almost a year ago it seems. the desk is neat, but looks pointless since you can hardly put anything on it.

iJon

13. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Hardly? man... rephrase it alittle... NOTHING! you can put nothing on it but keyboard and a mouse....

14. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Ahh GEEZ! Cmon don't compare apples and oranges...

15. kaizer macrumors member

Well, I think it's a nice looking computer stand on wheels (to name it a desk would be too misguiding;) )

I live in a small appartment and it's just nice... Not so nice about the price though! Maybe I can ask my friend to make one, eh?

16. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

wouldn't a more apropos comparison be apples, and lemons ;)

17. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I think it is beautiful, and it's a stand more along the likes of a workstation than an actual desk. The iMac is a work of high-design so why would you tarnish it with a cheap $100 desk from Staples or OfficeMax? I'm definitely considering this when I make my move next year to NY.

18. medea macrumors 68030

medea

oh yeah and it does have room for things that you might need to use with your mac, such as an iPod or digital camera. The brace between the legs is polycarbonate.

19. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

I think it's pretty adorable. At least I did, until some of you in this thread pointed out its threattening qualities. I'd be scared it might murder me in my sleep.

20. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Well, just like Powerbook G5 puts it, - THIS THING IS JUST UGLY

21. coopdog macrumors 6502a

I think it looks really cool! I would be worried bumping into it and knocking it over or something. It would look really cool is some design studio or something with a slide show of work on it or something like that. It's not that useful if you have lots of papers and notes and stuff.

To all you guys that don't like it
    I'm sure if apple made it, you would think differently about it. It would be amazing and another example of Apple's artwork and design in their products.
    :rolleyes:

22. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

Sorry but for some reason that thing is scary looking...and I really hope you never need to jot something down on a notepad.....

23. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Nope. G5 is ugly. 14" Ibook is ugly. Purse looking old ibook was ugly. Round Mouse was ugly. Second generation "robot" looking CRT displays for Powermac in 2000 were ugly... Need I continue?

I call things for what they are...

24. StarmanDeluxe macrumors member

The G5 isn't ugly, and this desk is hyper-sexy.