Sweeter Interface switch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aafuss1, Jul 3, 2002.

1. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I speculate Apple could make X more customizable-skinning the titlebars and other aspects of the Aqua interface, if they acquired Stardock, makers of of WindowBlinds,ObjectBar (add a Windows starbar- like ACTION GoMac did, DesktopX- a version for X could be used to cvreate a whole new X desktop. Apple could port these to the Macintosh.

2. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

If Apple were to acquire such a company, it would be for the sole purpose of shutting them down.

Apple has strict guidelines about everything in the UI, and usability, and skins are notorious for breaking things just a little here and there. As a company, Apple has stood fast against skinning Mac OSes, and has made it even more difficult with X. They want it to be their way, because 3rd party skins always break rules, and Apple developed skins would cost millions (each would be developed to the degree & consistency of Aqua, then user tested, then refined, then user tested, then released).

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

So are we going to be with the pinstripe/brushed metal look for the rest of OSX?

4. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

yes, yes we are, the pinstriped / brushed metal look is the look of the era of OSX.

Which I think is better than any XP GUI skinned or not!

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

hehehe....i know of at least two pc's that have the OSX theme. Xp sucks!

6. F/reW/re macrumors 6502

F/reW/re