Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvismsmarta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
i had a lot of respect for this guy after he unlocked 4 iphones for me using his premium service for $45. But since i submitted the last iPhone on 30th december he has not unlocked it upto today. i have sent him emails after every one week but he never responds.The last email he responded he said it will clear by end the week that was on January 9 2015. My cousin thinks i duped him by telling him i will unlock his phone and now demands a refund. I looking for an advice how i can get this guy to refund the $45.
1)He never replies emails in time
2)He gives empty promises like it will clear in 1 day
3)Has not kept his end of the deal( premium service is 1-7 days) but this one has taken more than 21 days

Please guys keep off this guy he will make you loose your business if you plan to unock many phones.

Advice how i can get him to refund i paid $45 via paypall

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Same situation happened here. I submitted several unlocks to them in late December and they recently stopped responding to messages. Good thing there are American express chargebacks that them nor paypal can prevent. I probably won't use them again.

Last edited:

DEG1

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
N. Chicago Burbs
Weird. I posted in another thread recently that they unlocked my ATT IP6 in 3 business days, two weeks ago. My phone is in contract and on a Next plan. OP, is there something unusual about your phone (carrier, etc) that might make it harder for them to get unlocked?

EDIT: I used their $75 service. Don't know if that makes a difference.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
It's kind of weird that the OP is experiencing this. I have used Swiftunlocks several times without any issues. The one time they couldn't unlock one of my iPhone's, they promptly refunded my money. No questions asked.

To the OP, I'm sure you could file a dispute with PayPal.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
AT&T has started unlocking in-contract and financed iPhones at least so these services will most likely be out of business soon. It seems like the unlocking policy is changing. They unlocked mine last week.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
AT&T has started unlocking in-contract and financed iPhones at least so these services will most likely be out of business soon. It seems like the unlocking policy is changing. They unlocked mine last week.

Really? Although I have a factory unlocked 5s which I use as my back-up phone, I would like to have my 6 unlocked as well, but it's on NEXT. Was your phone financed by chance when AT&T unlocked it?

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Really? Although I have a factory unlocked 5s which I use as my back-up phone, I would like to have my 6 unlocked as well, but it's on NEXT. Was your phone financed by chance when AT&T unlocked it?
My phone is financed as well, but they approved it one minute after the unlock request was submitted. I restored via iTunes and saw the unlocked message. There's a thread on this.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
File dispute with PP. If you can prove it, they will refund you. Once a guy screwed me over when I payed him for an iPhone. Never sent it and I was onto him. Filed complaint. No tracking number or proof of delivery...the money was credited back to my account.

elvismsmarta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Weird. I posted in another thread recently that they unlocked my ATT IP6 in 3 business days, two weeks ago. My phone is in contract and on a Next plan. OP, is there something unusual about your phone (carrier, etc) that might make it harder for them to get unlocked?

EDIT: I used their $75 service. Don't know if that makes a difference.
AT&T premium is $45 and that's what i have been using.There is nothing wrong with iPhone 5S. If that was the case you should communicate to the customer and issue a refund or compensation for the same amount

----------

File dispute with PP. If you can prove it, they will refund you. Once a guy screwed me over when I payed him for an iPhone. Never sent it and I was onto him. Filed complaint. No tracking number or proof of delivery...the money was credited back to my account.

i have opened a dispute on paypal but Swiftunlocks has not responded yet.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
AT&T premium is $45 and that's what i have been using.There is nothing wrong with iPhone 5S. If that was the case you should communicate to the customer and issue a refund or compensation for the same amount

----------

i have opened a dispute on paypal but Swiftunlocks has not responded yet.

Good luck. I've heard Paypal stopped honoring disputes over intangible purchases like these a while back. That's why I recommend people always use their credit cards instead of debit cards or the Paypal balance to pay for unlocks.

elvismsmarta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2014
Good luck. I've heard Paypal stopped honoring disputes over intangible purchases like these a while back. That's why I recommend people always use their credit cards instead of debit cards or the Paypal balance to pay for unlocks.
Am afraid if this is the case this guy will varnish with lots of money from all those people who had ordered the service.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
If they failed to unlock they should 'd refund you without asking any questions.

I recently unlocked two at&t iPhone's in same price which took 7 biz days by my recommended service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.