Swiss in Liechtenstein 'invasion'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BoyBach, Mar 3, 2007.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

- BBC

Oops!

:D

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

:D :D :D

This could have been very embarassing and potentially a political firestorm but instead it was treated like the honest mistake it was.

3. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

4. BoyBach thread starter macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Brilliant! :D

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I think I'll write a conspiracy movie wherein someone kidnaps all the world heads of state and replaces them with Swiss counterparts. World peace ensues as only rare accidental invasions occur and soldiers quickly retreat back to their own borders. :D

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

The Brits have a habit of doing that kind of thing numerous times whilst stumbling about the north of Ireland they've stumbled across the border on several occasions involving helicopters.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Perhaps the British invasion of Iraq could be excused as just a ghastly mistake? You know, an orienteering exercise gone wrong, bloody TAs can't do anything right, what do you expect of a bunch of part-timers, that kind of thing? Might be a convenient way out for Gordon when he assumes the position (after Tony joins the Carlyle board and finds himself having to explain what he's up to to George Soros, the major shareholder....)

8. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

All completely by accident of course. Nothing to do with looking for arms stashes or USA-funded terrorists of course.

Just like our other good comrades in the USA who we jokily tease with holding the world record in stumbling across other nation's borders and forgetting what they were doing there. Oh it's all fun and games here in trans-national jokery, no-one really minds of course.

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Sounds good to me,it could've been used early,well we didn't know it was Poland we just got a bit lost then things snowballed and it all got completely out of control.

10. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

More likely in the case of the undercover bods surveillance of people of interest whose details could be passed on to the death squads.Incidently I find all this about as funny as cancer.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Thank god for black humour, if you'll excuse the expression....

12. BoyBach thread starter macrumors 68040

BoyBach

"You sure you're reading that map right, Private? This doesn't look like the bloody Lake District!"

13. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Wasn't that what that other Tony, Antony Eden, said about Suez?

Oops duckie, lost our empire there. Never mind eh, make us a cuppa darling.

14. Pac a Mac macrumors regular

Pac a Mac

Small countries should not play with rockets, they could have someones eye out!

Hey when did they start putting rocket launchers on the Swiss Army Knife...I want one:cool:

Mum used to confiscate my air rifle if I fired into next door...can't NATO intervene.

We should not be suprised that the British army try to invade Spain. Hell Wellington thought he was in Abersoch, any nation that does not speak English is fair game.:)

15. Pac a Mac macrumors regular

Pac a Mac

You've been reading the Daily Express again. It was a ghastly mistake...but we were not orienteering we were playing follow the leader.

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

so bbc found it to more news than local newspapers ? haha way to go

since liechtenstein and switzerland have a defense agreement (liechtenstein has no army) it's not that much of a problem
    not only that .. they are also members of their customs region so there are actually swiss policeman standing on the liechtenstein border to austria ;)