Switch campaign

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacFan26, Jun 3, 2003.

1. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

When I went to Apple's homepage this morning I noticed that Apple moved the Switch button and replaced it with "Music." I wonder if this means Apple is planning on putting the switch campaign on the back burner?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

whats with the name rippoff? I mean it can't be that hard to think of something that isn't exactly one more number than a member here...yeah I hope they trashed that campaign... it never worked that well.

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

The "switch" campaign was more like a begging campaign.... "Please buy a Mac, it's so much easier".
    Once Panther will be running on the 970, there will be no campaign necessary. :D

Just show everyone the POWER!

4. smada macrumors member

they changed that when itunes 4 and the new ipods were first released.

5. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

i think it'd be safe to assume that apple are adopting a different tact with regards to switching - what with iTunes for windows on the horizon, and the possibility of safari for windows - kind of letting people taste the merchandise first i guess. It's been discussed many times on here - can't remember what people have said though

6. szark macrumors 68030

szark

They're also concentrating on the ad campaign for the music store.

While they seem to have stopped making new switch ads, they continue to post new stories (new ones within the past week).

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I think they should keep pushing the Switch campaign, but focus more on How to do it smoothly and how to make it integrate well.

It worked for me ;)

8. MacFan26 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacFan26

The name thing was actually coincidence, I didn't notice MacFan25 until someone told me about it, macfan26 has been an email address of mine for years now, sorry, I didn't mean to aggravate anyone.

On an on topic note, I was sort of hoping Apple would ditch the switch campaign too, I think it can still be effective, but it shouldn't be their main marketing focus. I agree about the 970 chip, it would probably create a lot of switchers.

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

sorry then it just seems really weird with MacFan25 posting a lot around here...