Switch from black iP5 to white iP5 - Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmanley1, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors member

jmanley1

Got my black iP5 on release day and almost immediately wished I had purchased the white one. My wife's Verizon upgrade is now available to her and we had the thought that maybe she could buy a white one and we could switch? Is that even possible?

Also, I purchased AppleCare+ on my iP5. Would that coverage just stay with that phone and I could buy new AppleCare+ for the other phone after the switch (if the switch is possible?)

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

3. thread starter macrumors member

jmanley1

Not being very familiar with these types of things... is it as simple as switching SIM cards?

4. macrumors 6502a

Yes.

5. macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Ironically, I have a White 16GB and wish it was the Black 16GB.

The SIM is for international use, you will have to call Verizon to switch, and then switch the SIMs accordingly as well so if you ever travel it sticks with the right account.

The AppleCare stays with the phone as it is tied to your serial number.

Hope this helps.

6. macrumors 65816

Tig Bitties

I think the White iPhone4/4S looked much better, nice clean matte finish on the back. And White phones are become very popular with Android too, the White HTC One X looks gorgeous, as do the White Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note II.

But some phones just look better all stealth out, Darth Vader style, and the iPhone5 looks awesome in black, with the black Element case :cool:

7. thread starter macrumors member

jmanley1

Result

I have my white iPhone 5 now and I'm very happy.

Wife has my 'old' black 5 and is happy.

Life is good.

:apple:

(This phone is purrrrty)

8. macrumors member

9. macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

##

10. macrumors 6502

I LOVE my white iPhone 5. So much in fact I don't use any screen protectors, skins, cases, etc.

I came from having a black iPhone 4 and 4S (sold out of white ones) and I wanted a white version for so long that I finally got one.

I just love how "fresh" it looks. The black is sexy and stealthy but the white one is baller and classy. :)

11. macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Love my white iPhone 5. I use a GLAS.tR and icarbons two tone for the back. It has a stock look and is totally protected.

12. tgi
    macrumors 65816

tgi

fyp, :p

Kidding aside, how's your naked iPhone holding up?

13. macrumors member

I have a White one and Im male...love the white.

14. macrumors 65816

akdj

Me too! Not sure what 'baller' means. (I'm 41 years old...not cool anymore:))--but it's a cool sounding adjective. Just need to know how to use it correctly I guess!

Love my white 5. I switched to white with the 4s. I'm a dude. Married. Not feminine...not that there's a problem with that :)

No...it REALLY was a 'Fail'. Sorry to disappoint. I'll play the referee.

J

15. macrumors newbie

Yes I just did this yesterday. All I did was go to my Verizon and click the "activate or switch devices" link. Choose switch device and follow the instructions. It takes 2 minutes and afterwards, just swap SIM cards. Very simply actually!

16. macrumors 6502

Wanted a white 5 mostly just for a change. But now I had a white 4S for a few weeks and that was enough white for me. Going black 5 now.

17. macrumors member

I'm a man and have a white iPhone 5. Does this make me something other than a man?

18. macrumors 68000

white iPhones are really nice, the white borders brings out the screen just a little more i feel, also a white iPhone 5 is so sleek too. But the slate iPhone 5 is just mean looking, like a menace it looks so sleek and sexy i love my black iPhone.

19. macrumors 6502

I like my white phone. I am a 40 yr old male and I don't feel feminine with it. I also like it so much that I stopped using a case a few weeks ago.

20. macrumors member

Love my white iPhone. But, truthfully, I thought about purchasing a black one as well and switching on and off until I convince my girlfriend to switch to the Apple ecosystem. She's already been stealing my white iPad Mini from me constantly.