Switch now or later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PuterSaurus, Mar 21, 2007.

1. PuterSaurus macrumors member

I'm currently with SprintPCS and plan on switching to Cingular in order to use the new iPhone. Would it be in my best interest now to switch or just do it when I get the new phone?

Just curious if there are any advantages or disadvantages to switching early.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, if you switch now, you'll have to get a phone, too, and then change to the iPhone in two months. Switching equipment is generally a losing proposition, in my experience. No advantage, really. Also, we don't know yet what voice/data plans may or may not be associated with the iPhone, and that may be a more serious consideration.

I'm in the same boat, and I'm just gonna wait until I get one to switch service. One less visit to cell hell.

3. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

my t-mobile contract expires in April, so i'm switching to cingular then and just getting a GoPhone (really short plan) until the iPhone comes out.

sound alright, right?

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Does T-Mobile not allow for a month-to-month after the contract is up? My plan ran out with Cingular over a year ago and I didn't have to re-up my contract to maintain service - same fees each month just with no contract.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, you go month to month on TMo once your contract expires. I think its the same with every provider

6. halo14 macrumors newbie

I'm guessing the right time to switch is when the phone is coming out, I think the "deal" was $600?? w/ a two year contract.

7. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

8. chatster18 macrumors regular

I think that you are right.... :(

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

switch when the iphone comes out. it'll make for the easiest transition possible. plus, you might actually change your mind about the iphone when it comes out. better to wait until june.