Switched Friday!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by WVneer05, Aug 28, 2005.

1. WVneer05 macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2005
    Bear, DE
    After a 6 day wait I finally received my 12in ibook w/ 60gb hd friday and have been playing with it ever since. Playing with the ibook in my local apple store and reading topics on this board led me to the decision to purchase my first apple computer

I have been a pc user my entire life never even touching an apple product until my ipod. I am so amazed at how easy and user friendly tiger is. It took me all of 5 minutes to get this baby up and running and was so amazed how it recognized my router right away. This has by far been the best experience I have ever had on a computer. I doubt I will ever return to a windows based pc again.
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    The Halo Effect™ seems to be working quite nicely. Congrats. Get ready for the RDF™.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia

That's the spirit. Don't look back. :p

4. ajampam macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2005
    Happy to hear that!!!! It is absolutely true that once you use a mac you would never want to use windows OS at all.....I feel it too when I need to use sony laptop for some wndows only apps.....I hate it....but oh well....congrats and have lots of fun!!! :)

And if you have any questions the MR stalwarts would all be there for you....you can count on that!!!!! ;)
  5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    We sure are seeing a lot of switchers lately :). I switched a year ago (before I got an iPod) to get away from Windows with all it's viruses and crashing, and I couldn't be happier. Some days I feel like if I had to stop using Macs, I'd stop using computers rather than go back to Windows.
  6. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    WVneer05, welcome to MacRumors and the wonderful world of Macs. Glad you had a nice switching experience :)
  7. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    We were all a bunch of crazy people 10 years ago. ;) Mac? What's wrong with you!

The switcher stories always make me happy though. Welcome to better computing. :)
  8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

Oct 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the Mac side of things.
    Hmm but what took you so long though :D
  9. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    I still am playing with mine constantly here as well mate!
    And for the record it only gets better with time!