Switched from iPhone to Android. Imessage still activated (frustrated)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhiteIphone5, Nov 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

hey guys, i sold my iphone 4 and bought a galaxy nexus. before i sold it and did a restore. now when im on my nexus i cant receive messages from my friends who have iphones (they have SMS plan). the only way for them to send it to me is for them to turn off iMessage. on my brothers iphone when i try to send my self a message it appears as imessage so i dont end up getting anything at all. how do i fix this? i have logged in into apple.com and unregistered my device from them. but yet still cant receive texts

2. macrumors member

I had this issue a while back. Just give it a little time and I believe it will start working correctly. How long has it been since you switched to you new phone?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

about 3 days?

4. macrumors member

Yeah, that's too long. For me, it started working after about an hour or 2. Not sure what to tell you. Sorry.

5. macrumors 68000

w00t951

I'm still trying to figure out why iMessages still works on the iPhone even though I've turned it off (from the iPhone).

6. macrumors member

I helped a friend fix the issue by putting their SIM back into an iPhone, turning off iMessage, and sending a text message to all of the affected contacts. After that the messages were texts again and reached the new phone fine.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

everything is working fine now, all i did was un-register the iphone from my profile then done about 30 mins later all good to go ;)