Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintroops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Hi folks,

I remember fondly when my dad got his Mac back in 1986. It was my first experience with computers and I fiddled around with the thing for hours until I was pretty confident with how it worked. Fast forward 20 years, imagine living in a windows world all that time, constantly thinking back to the ease of use and simple pleasure that using that old mac had given me, dreaming of one day switching back.

Well I have finally done it. After months of anticipation, reading the rumour sites and going through the 'will I, won't I wait for the next release' I finally bith the bullet and got a 17" G4 PB RevE. I knew about the rumoured switch to Intel but made my choice. I then went through the usual doubt when the MacBooks were released that I went too soon.

Well, I can report that I am absolutely overjoyed with my purchase. After 3 months of using the computer I am enjoying it more and more. It is plenty fast enough for what I have been doing and OSX is fantastic. I like the finder too. People moan that there are features in window explorer athat are better, but the way i use explorer is the way I learned to use the windowing system on that early mac.

Overall, I'm very happy to be a mac user again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.