[switcher]A few questions..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oober_freak, Oct 19, 2005.

1. oober_freak macrumors regular

Hi,

i just got the 1.42 ghz mac mini with superdrive for a gr8 price! I've worked on OS X before so configured most stuff.. but i have a few questions...

1) Is there any utility for Creative Digital MP3 Player2(DMP 2). If some one can find this.. i'll be grateful

2) is there any way i get get this Logitech QuickCam Messenger to work.. Maccam didn't help.. also the IOXperts camera drivers didn't work.

3) There is a utility called "Samsung Photo Utility" for Samsung E700 cell phone. I connected my phone using the data cable.. and it couldn't identify the phone.. although os x shows the connected device as "usb data cable" which is same as what the drivers do for windows. Can any 1 suggest what to do!

4) I am on a cable connection and i need the ethernet status icon in the menu bar.. it's available with PPPOE.. but i wanted it for the ethernet connection.. any help?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Might want to try iChatUSBCam. There's a try-before-you-buy demo.

3. oober_freak thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the quick reply :)

Also i can't get Temperature Monitor to show the stats for mac mini... is there any such software...

ps- i tried Hardware monitor too :(

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try XRG. :)

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Not sure... it might be possible that the mini doesn't have accessible temp monitors, but that would surprise me... although it isn't that hard to believe that they'd be "dumb" monitors that aren't software-accessible.

Edit: or, looking above... never mind what I said!

6. oober_freak thread starter macrumors regular

thanks mate... but even XRG doesn't display the cpu temp :(

funny enough.. the webcam is detected as "camera" in Os X and still no software can detect it :(

7. oober_freak thread starter macrumors regular

8. oober_freak thread starter macrumors regular

i also wanted to know how I could find out the speed of the hdd etc..

if someone could help.. i'd be grateful..

9. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a PC user talking

Dude, you care too much about the equipment. You need to worry less about the specs and start using it. That is the beauty of a Mac, there is not alot of BS to wand through. Try using Temperature Monitor, it works, unlike XRG. You also need to learn how to investigate stuff on your own. Then if you can't find an answer we will help you, but at least try searching on your own.

10. oober_freak thread starter macrumors regular

I tried temperature monitor but that showed only the hdd temperature which was arnd 45-46 degrees celcius after about a day's usage.

I'd appreaciate if any one could help me with my cell phone and the old old mp3 player... I mailed the author of the "samsung photo utility" program and am still awaiting his reply..

don't worry I tried every bit before asking here.. sorry if it sounded n00bish...

regards..