Switcher: Burning data onto a CD-R? Not working.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by z400central, Nov 13, 2006.

1. z400central macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2006
    Hello all,

So I am following these directions: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61339

However, when i put a cdr into the drive of my C2D mac book pro, I get these options:

"you inserted a blank cd. choose an action from the pop up menu or click ignore

Open disk utility
    open itunes
    open finder

What do I do? None of these seem to work. In addition, the CDR image icon doesn't pop up on my desk top.

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Hmmm, how do you mean none of them work? When you click them nothing appears on the desktop?

Try downloading Disco and see if you can burn using that.
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    If you choose Open Finder a Burn Folder will appear. Drag your items into this and then click the burn icon. You will not get a CD appearing on your desktop.
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    If after you select Open Finder, you do not see the disc on the desktop, then (I think this is correct... I'm not in front of a Mac) go to Finder, and select preferences, I think and then in the list of things to display on the desktop, make sure that removable devices is checked. If it's not in preferences it will be in view options for the desktop. I think if you do this, you do get an icon on the desktop. My memory is that I get an icon on the desktop....

But even if you do not do this, the device should always show up on the left side of a Finder window.
  5. z400central thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2006
    Ahh hah!

Mac makes it so easy, HAHA!