Switcher? Maybe. About those apple stickers.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by PeterD42, Jul 27, 2004.

1. PeterD42 macrumors member

Jul 5, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Well, the PB arrived today - 15"" 5400 rpm 128 VC.
    Having lots of fun working it out.
    Connected to my wireless LAN with no probs.
    As a hesitant switcher I got a copy of Virtual PC 6.1. Installed this with a couple of hitches with Win 2000 - everything default and guess what?
    This is being typed in IE on the Win 2000 emulation. Speed is fine and again no probs connecting to the LAN.
    So far I am a happy switcher.
    Have found two apple stickers in my box - should these be put on my car and worn with pride?
  2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Deffanatly! If I had a car I would put them on mine, but since I don't, I put them on my bike. :cool:

Glad you enjoy Window$ 2000 emulated by your PowerBook. ;)
  3. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Of course you should put it on your car.. after you do, take a shot, and post it in this thread.

i just put one on the back of my helmet. :)
  4. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    put them on something that you use alot then everyone can see that you have a good computer! like a diary or folder of door or something, im always a bit scared of putting things on cars. my friend did it last summer, she jsut took them off and just 1 year later the sticker mark still shows! she has an ugly flexifoil logo shaped mark on the front of her car, i think that now (when she is trying to sell it) its worth considerably less! :eek:
  5. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I've seen clear film of the sort they make the pull-off window "stickers" with that you could put your sticker on, and then put that on a window. Problem solved, if you can find the stuff!
  6. PeterD42 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 5, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    It's on my car - photo to follow (before the rain comes)