Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PeterD42

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
Perth, Australia
Well, the PB arrived today - 15"" 5400 rpm 128 VC.
Having lots of fun working it out.
Connected to my wireless LAN with no probs.
As a hesitant switcher I got a copy of Virtual PC 6.1. Installed this with a couple of hitches with Win 2000 - everything default and guess what?
This is being typed in IE on the Win 2000 emulation. Speed is fine and again no probs connecting to the LAN.
So far I am a happy switcher.
Have found two apple stickers in my box - should these be put on my car and worn with pride?

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
PeterD42 said:
should these be put on my car and worn with pride?

Deffanatly! If I had a car I would put them on mine, but since I don't, I put them on my bike. :cool:

Glad you enjoy Window$ 2000 emulated by your PowerBook. ;)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
put them on something that you use alot then everyone can see that you have a good computer! like a diary or folder of door or something, im always a bit scared of putting things on cars. my friend did it last summer, she jsut took them off and just 1 year later the sticker mark still shows! she has an ugly flexifoil logo shaped mark on the front of her car, i think that now (when she is trying to sell it) its worth considerably less! :eek:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I've seen clear film of the sort they make the pull-off window "stickers" with that you could put your sticker on, and then put that on a window. Problem solved, if you can find the stuff!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.