Switching back and forward

Discussion in 'Games' started by JW8725, Jul 5, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Hello How do i switch back and forward between Mac OS and a game? On Windows I do believe its ALT + TAB

Thanks

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

The command to switch between programs in OS X is Command + Tab (the command keys are the ones either side of the space bar), but some games don't allow you to switch back to the desktop from the game if it is in full-screen mode. I know most games like Quake 3, Call of Duty, Doom 3, and others are like this. One solution I found is to turn off full screen mode but set the resolution of the game to the resolution of the monitor. I do this for Call of Duty and I am still able to see everything I need to. Only a small portion at the bottom is cut off. Just remember to hide the dock before you start the game (command + option+ d).

I do know that Halo allows you to switch back the the desktop when it is in full-screen mode, but I don't know why it is the only one for me.

WOO HOO!!! Post number 300. Only 200 more before I get to have an avatar.

4. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. Im playing Warcraft III and it doesnt seem to allow me to get back to the desktop. Oh well. The games stunning though! Back to it...

5. crachoar macrumors 6502a

6. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks mate you are a STAR!

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

for the record,  + M is the minimize shortcut.