Switching desktop backgrounds easily...is there a way to do this?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by qtip919, Jan 5, 2006.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

Hi,

So many wonderful apps out there for OS X, and so many creative people writing apps, Im wondering if anyone knows if this already exists or if it is considered a good idea.

I like to switch desktop backgrounds. I have at least 80 background images, and I have them set to change every one minute. However, just like with music, sometimes, I like to keep a particular background on for a while.

So, what I was wondering is: is there an app which allows you to "pause" on a background...?

I was envisioning something like a little pause icon in the lower right hand corner...

2. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

There is no such software and I don't think there'll be. I for one would be happy if apple would let me change my background based on times, so I could have one for the mornings and one for the evenings and nights.

4. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great idea...

I would love to see desktop backgrounds change on my mood as well...or, maybe the opposite of my mood...one to wake me up/invigorate me...one to mellow me out after a stressful meeting...

there must be alot of ideas around this...

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah there definitely are. I wonder why there aren't any apps for this... though sensing your mood would prove kinda difficult. :d

7. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

See, i want a program that selects my desktop based on what wireless network my PB selects. That way when i am at the university, i dont have to worry about a professor or student walking by and checking out Elisha Cuthbert half-naked on my desktop. lol

8. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

A while back, something came out of MS research that would read your facial expressions and change the computers actions based on that...

that would be hilarious to see how a windows product would react to the average user ...

btw, Ive found tons of windows examples for desktop switcher:

http://www.freewarehome.com/index.html?/Desktop/Cosmetic_Tools/Wallpaper_Tools_t.html

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Link to picture, please? :p

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

with so many options there should definitely be an app.

11. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I can see it vividly... :D

12. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=29702

enjoy!

Diatribe...ive looked around quite a bit for this, but havent found anything. It would probably be easy enough to write an applescript to do this, but alas, that is an area where i have little working knowledge. :(

13. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah my AppleScript knowledge is very limited too. As I hear Leopard may have screensavers integrated as background images that way at least I could choose the intervalls. though that wouldn't solve your problem.