Switching to OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CarlisleUnited, Jan 30, 2007.

1. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

Jan 30, 2007
    I've never owned a computer that doesn't run windows thats going to change, thought xp was nice at first but when i used it for a few months and got past the GUI being so much nicer than previous versions i realised just how many bugs there were so after hearing similar reports of vista i wasnt sure if i wanted another new OS from windows but thee thing that has just made up my mind is that all vista versions are far far far more expensive here in the UK, for example;

Upgrading to Vista home basic will cost £100 in the UK and $100 (£52) in the US

Upgrading to Vista Ultimate will cost £249 in the UK and $249 (£127) in the US

That is 92% difference in price! And whats Bill's explenation?

"We try to keep our prices largely in line from country to country... but with price you do generally get some things that get a bit out of alignment as currencies go up and down." :mad:

Pfffff sorry just had to get that off my chest, OS X just got one more user...
  2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    You could stay with XP and save £100 or so, plus the cost of a new machine. But if you want a new machine it makes sense to buy a Mac since it could run Windows (not that any of us would want to unless we have to). There is much Switcher info here. Welcome
  3. polevault139 macrumors 6502

Sep 24, 2006
    It is a good choice to switch. I did four months ago and have never looked back. In fact I'm going to buy a Macbook for school soon, and would like to find an old clamshell.

The switch was relatively seamless for me. OS X makes everything self explanitory so it is really easy to figure it out.