Switching to Quicken for Mac from MS Money

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ToddW, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Well,

I haven't been playing a lot of games on the PC. And I realized the other day that the only thing I use my PC for is MS Money. Has anyone made this switch, and if so how did you do it. Does everyone like Quicken for Mac?

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Switched to Money to Quicken and hated it. Switched back to Money on the PC. It's even a cheaper program.

3. molcas&e'sdad macrumors member

I switched about a year ago. Everything on the Mac is great - except Quicken. I simply hate it. MS-Money is far superior. I wish they had a Mac version ...

4. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Quicken on the Mac is pretty awful, especially when compared to MS Money on the PC. I ended up switching from Money to my bank's web-based on-line banking system. There are a number of +/- with going to the web-based system, but overall I am happy with it.

5. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

unfortunately, i have hears a lot of similar reports, that Quicken not that good on the Mac. Sadly, i say.

nevertheless, i would love to know from Quicken users, if it is able to import .csv files (bank statements, i mean).

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I started out using Home Accountant. Never used Microsoft Money. In mind if it's from Microsoft means that it will be more confusing.

I have used Quicken since 1993. It's a great software, very intuitive. Get to work with what actually looks like a check book. The feature of downloading information for my bank is a great feature.