switching : updates to imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bowdeni, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. bowdeni macrumors member

    Sep 3, 2005
    Hi all. This is my first post. I'm 18 and about to switch. I've got this all sorted now and I'm definatly going to do so, but is now a good time to do so?

    I'm going to get the 17" G5 iMac with a 1gb upgrade. Complete with ipod mini. After my student discount, and selling the ipod it will cost just £880. So my question is;

    is now a good time to switch?

    I'm sure you'll understand that I do not want to buy a machine / audio player that may be updated in september. If the new ipod mini is released, would I be able to return the 4gb and get the new one if it comes out within 30 days?

    Thanks all!
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    For the iMac, now is as good a time as any. People will try to tell you to wait until after September for the Paris Expo but I personally doubt we'll see any change to the iMac line. The only reason to wait would be to see if another line is updated and you change your mind and decide to get, say, a new PowerBook instead. :)
  3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

    Artful Dodger

    May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    Hi, I just got my iMac last week and I'm glad not to have waited. Really how much more could it be upgraded than it is? Like mad jew said get it and enjoy it unless you are thinking about a PB. Good luck with your choice.
  4. bowdeni thread starter macrumors member

    Sep 3, 2005
    What a mixed day I had yesterday!

    I've had a fairly good spec Dell for three years without a problem. I log into my XP account to go onto the Apple site to order and the HD breaks! I lost absolutely everything! How ironic!

    Didn't let this stand in the way and I ordered myself a 2ghz 17"imac. Thanks for the advice people.

Share This Page