switching wow server

Discussion in 'Games' started by bokdol, Oct 5, 2006.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

i am thinking about moving my character to a different server. i am looking for a pretty populated on but a even hoard / allie spread. i hate that my server is 60 percent allie. anyone has suggestions?

2. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Go to warcraftrealms.com and go to the census to get a good population idea. Make sure you check out the realms boards to see how it is. All I can say is DO NOT go to maelstrom.

3. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Don't go to Dragonblight either. Although the recent hardware upgrade helped with the ungodly lag, we're still overpopulated with Alliance and there have been login queues reaching into the hundreds during prime time.

4. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I heard the EU Moonglade wasn't a good balance either. I'm trying to address that by creating 56,000 Horde characters though.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Zul'jin rules. 1:1 spread.
    But it's quite full, so I doubt you'll be able to move your char there.

Wouldn't you have to move to an unpopulated server, and thereby one that isn't full so the ratio is in doubt, and therefore your ultimate goal may be fruitless?

6. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

no they finally opened it for all server moves. but it cost 25 dollars of real money.. that is why i want to make sure i get to a good server. i could make a new character but i like my character.:eek:

7. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

i'll check it out thanks

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Ohhh.. I didn't know that! Kick ass!

9. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

* The paid character transfer is not immediate and will take several days to complete because of the approval process involved. Your character will NOT be available for play during this time.
    * Honor rankings will continue to decay at the normal rate while the character is locked.
    * Each character you transfer costs $25.00. This covers the character's ONE-WAY TRANSFER to a new realm, a new account, or both at the same time.
    * Your character will not have any guild affiliation upon arrival at the destination realm.
    * Each character may only transfer once every 6 months.
    * You will need to rename your character if his/her name is taken on your destination realm.
    * Characters on a PvE or RP realm may not transfer to a PvP or RP-PvP realm.
    * If you already have a character on a PvP realm, you may not transfer a character of the opposing faction to that PvP realm.
    * Character transfers between accounts are subject to restrictions. Click here to learn more.
    * For a list of eligible and ineligible destination realms, please click here.

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I had no idea..

I had a 60 Shammertime languishing on a server I'd never return to (moved to my 3rd server after I got a new job and 90% of my collegues were WowHeads).

Spent my $25 to move him to Zul'jin this morning and now I'm patiently awaiting my move.

Thanks for the tip!

11. harveypooka macrumors 65816

You moved server three times? Or you had characters across three?

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Zul'jin is my 3rd server, yes. Maybe that explains more why I'm so bored with WoW..

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Could it be because your toons spend most of the time locked? :cool:

I couldn't imagine building up another level 60 rogue with full tier 2 gear again. Although I don't want to move to another server now that we've been upgraded, the idea of shifting my other level 60 alts to another account so that I can "assist" them with my main while my son plays them sounds almost worth $25. Much easier and faster farming high level elites with two.

When my wife asked me what I have scheduled this weekend, I said farming dreamfoil and living essence. I think she expected me to mention yardwork. :D

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I have no idea what that means.

15. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

16. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

When you said it was your 3rd server I assumed you moved your character from server to server. Building up a character from scratch on a new server after you've played the high level instances can be a grind.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Ah no, this is my first toon move.

So yes.. repeated building up of characters gets very old.

18. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I am looking forward to the expansion pack and leveling to 70 though. Hard to imagine the godly equipment that will be available at that level, but it must be the case. I can almost imagine being decked out in total legendary armor and weapons! Yow! Anyone for 5 man Molten Core? :D

Getting the Bloodelf race and a shot at making a Horde Pally will breathe some life into the game for me too.

19. harveypooka macrumors 65816

No! The worst instance evvvaaaar!