SWOT analysis on Intel

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jamesmcd, Apr 20, 2006.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Hey everyone,

As part of an enormous assignment that I am doing on Intel (I didn't select the topic, just pure luck that I got it), I am doing a SWOT analysis. For those who don't know that's simply the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats that are in the organizational analysis section.

I am trying to conjure up some decent ideas for the 'Weaknesses' section but am having a little trouble. One piece of information I found was their lack of penetration in the ultra-mobile market, which includes mobile phones, palm desktops and other related devices. (Obviously we are talking about the processors of those devices).

Can anyone offer me some ideas on this? I am sure Intel has many weaknesses that I have not been able to find. They have an almost 85% marketshare in the processor market for PCs, so the strengths section was particularly easy...:cool:

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Gaming? AMD has the backing of a lot of gamers.

3. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

By this time I only need one more example for the Weaknesses section and one more example for the Opportunities section. Obviously they need to be analysed, but all I want is some examples to work with.

Merci beaucoup

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Although, this may change as I have seen benchmarks of the Core Duo beating AMD's Athlon 64 X2 & FX processors. Go Intel! :)

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Their greatest oppurtunity came when they were allowed to sell Apple Intel chips to put inside of Macs. Intel should be honored to be making the chips powering the most advanced computers in the world! :)

6. Wince99 macrumors newbie

Wince99

Compensation and age of workforce.

Compare them with competitors (AMD) and you may figure out why it costs more to develop products at intel then at AMD. :eek:

7. Fshammaa macrumors newbie

Intel Swot Analysis

Hi James

I am intrested to read your Intel Swot Analysis, if you don't mind and you would like to share the info.:)

Cheers