Symantec screwed me again!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JesseJames, May 27, 2004.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Okay, I bought Symantec for my Mac and it didn't work with Panther. The damn thing just didn't work. So, I thought great there's 90 bucks down the drain.
    Then I tried to get some money back with their rebate. I followed the instructions on the request form. Putting in what they said they needed to send the rebate.
    Lo and behold, weeks later they say that they can't send the rebate because I didn't send them proper materials.
    I CURSE SYMANTEC AND ALL THEIR PRODUCTS FROM HERE TO ETERNITY. I HOPE PETER NORTON GETS GENITAL WARTS AND HALITOSIS.

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    im curious why you didn't return it when you found out it didn't work.. or had it been too long already?

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

they have always been far more pc based and although norton sw used to be ok on mac it sure isn't now.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

You bought Symantec WHAT? AntiVirus? SystemWorks? That's like saying "I bought Adobe!" Need more info.

5. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just venting about damn Utilities.
    :mad:
    WILL NEVER BUY ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN. ACTUALLY, I WILL SPIT ANYTIME I SAY THE NAME.

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Norton That

You don't need Norton or AntiVirus or any of that for the Mac. Or Partition this, Ghost that, or Image there. The list goes on and on. As previous PC users, we were conditioned to purchase those addons. They are rank within the top 10 software purchases for Windows. It was part of the true cost per year to have Windows. The Mac versions are cripped versions compared to Windows anyways and you pay more for them.

I used Norton Utilities for the Mac and Speed Disk use to destroy my Virtual PC images on my Mac filesystem. It took me a month to figure it was Norton causing the problem.

Sorry about your loss of hard earned cash.

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

a couple weeks ago, someone drove down my street w/ a copy of norton systemworks in their car. my mac froze up.