Sync apps but lost all data. Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Enlightenment1, May 21, 2012.

1. Enlightenment1, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012

macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2012
    OK, so I'm wondering if someone with a little more experience can help me. Here's the deal.

I bought an iPad 3 and instead of restoring from backup, I wanted to set it up as new and then sync all my apps. That's all I wanted to sync, my apps, nothing else. This is the reason I didn't, and don't want, to restore from backup i.e. my iPad 2.

I set the iPad 3 up as new and then synced all my apps in iTunes. They synced fine, however, I have lost ALL my data on ALL my apps.
    An example of this is notes, I have lost them all. Things like my diary app, all entries are gone. All data from my apps, gone

Now can anyone tell me why I have lost all my app data? How can I get it back?
    If I restore from backup then my apps get synced and all their data is still there, so why not when I sync my apps alone? I don't want to restore from a backup so that's not really an option. I simply want to sync my apps (nothing else) but where is the data gone?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you.
  2. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2012

Someone, anyone, please help......

3. macrumors member

Jun 13, 2008
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2012
    Typical! I was beginning to think as much :rolleyes:

It would be a good option to setup as a new device but then to have the option to only restore the things you want. In my case, just my apps with their original data.

Thanks for your help :)