Sync Files between XP-OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, Mar 26, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello Good mac people!

i have begun syncing files between my xp workstation and my xp partition on my macbook and it's easy and fine with a windows program called allway sync.

but i realized that it would be easier for me if i could sync between my xp workstation and my osx macbook! are there any recommended solutions?

thanks,
    r.

p.s. the prefered method of syncing files on these two computers is through an ethernet connection, which i have already established....

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. pfrazao99 macrumors newbie

4. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

really? i'm having a hard time to get it working at all! hmmm.

chronosync looks decent, however it is thirty bucks...

any other suggestions?

thanks,
    r.

5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

it is sometimes frustrating finding the perfect program

... it is sometimes frustrating finding a program that will do what you want it to do....

i've tried something like... five different programs. the closetest i get to what i want is AASync, but it just doesn't seem to work reliably!

i just want folders to be synced, a small handful of folders to be synced, with a one button press once configured. argh! Allway sync for mac!

anything!
    r.

folder synchonizer, folder share, grrrrrrrrrrr.

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/s...1b98&by=rating&dir=descending&pg=1&perPage=20

I SPEND AN HOUR AND A HALF WITH A PROGRAM CALLED "FILE SYNCHRONIZATION" AND IT'S ALL GOING WELL.......

....... up until i disconnect from my workstation, reconnect, and i have to relink all the bloody files.

this is to easy to be this hard.

this is rediculous.

PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!!! preferably besides "don't get so worked up dude, it's okay!"

anyone use alway sync on pc? it's so darn easy! this is rare...

6. foottuns macrumors newbie

foottuns

i have download it ifolder for mac, but when i want to setup an account with ifolder i cannot, is telling me that i need to check my settings and add them again. can some one explain me how u can setup an account with ifolder on your mac, i want to share my local files but i cannot do it. i have type it my ip address but stilll is telling me that it cannot connect.

7. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

chronosync has turned out to work out perfectly and seamlessly. just so you know...

r.