Sync folders or smart folders from Mail to .mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by marknicholls, Aug 10, 2005.

1. marknicholls macrumors 6502

I thought i read somewhere you can sync Smartfolders, but when i setup a smart folder on Mail, id does not appear on my .mac mail

Can this be done?

Many Thanks

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Yes

Go to system preferences. Click on .Mac go to the Sync window and then go from there.

Nuc

3. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried that, the option is selected to sync smart folders but it does sync with .mac

4. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

Can anyone post a screen shot of .mac synced with smart folders?

Many Thanks

5. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

Im at work, just playing online trying to get smartfolders on .mac at least, i have read you can create them on .mac, but all i can do is just create a folder, not create the rule, the info below is taken from .mac help but doesnt really help

To organize messages in folders:
    To see the messages in a folder, choose the folder from the Go To Folder pop-up menu.

To move a message you are reading into another folder, choose the folder from the Move To Folder pop-up menu.

To move a message without opening it, or to move several messages at once, click the checkboxes next to them in the message list before you choose the folder.

To add, delete, rename, or empty a folder, or to see a list of your folders and their total size, choose Show All Folders from the Go To Folder pop-up menu.