Sync LG phone - best ideas?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maclamb, Oct 3, 2005.

1. maclamb macrumors 6502

maclamb

I have a powerbook and an LG VX7000 phone. Of course, no LG phones are shown on the iSync page.
    Anyone have any luck trying to get isync going with an LG phone? Before I spend $100 for Datapilot for mac - any other suggestions - I mostly want my contacts onto my cell from my mac.

2. mlecho macrumors newbie

i am in a similar boat with an unsupported Nokia 6101...any help on a tweak would be great

3. Thenimaj macrumors newbie

according to http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5005739 LG isn't supported in iSync because LG doesn't support the SYNC ML protocol necessary for iSync.

The only thing I've found that worked for me was BitPim (www.bitpim.org)

4. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

You're pretty much screwed. You may be able to get by for awhile with Bitpim, but that's not the most elegant program in the world, and it's no longer in development for OSX.

5. RCHertzy macrumors newbie

BitPim working on Mac upgrade

BitPim now has a version for OSX 10.4, dated Jan 28, 2008, and a beta for OS 10.5. That is PROGRESS!

And from the BitPim site:
    Mac Support Update
    A volunteer has recently stepped up and taken over the role of doing Mac builds. As a result, as of BitPim release 0.9.14, Mac binaries will once again be available for download.