sync palm desktop with apple address book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by optijaz, Aug 18, 2003.

1. optijaz macrumors member

Does any one know of any applescripts or tools that allow you to sync palm desktop with the apple address book and ical?

I'd rather use the palm option for syncing my palm because it's a lot faster, however would like to use the extra OS X functionality of the built in apps.

2. kaizer macrumors member

Err... what about iSync? You still need Palm Desktop in the background but with iSync it will sync your Palm with the iCal and Address Book.

3. optijaz thread starter macrumors member

I've tried it, you run either palm address book, date book, and to do or choose apple isync conduit. What I'm after is to not sync with isync (as this is painfully slow) but to some how keep at least my contacts in sync as best as possible.

4. FreePMS macrumors newbie

Reactivating an old thread...but the issue for me is that I don't have a Palm handheld, never did, not talking about synching to a handheld. But I've used Palm Desktop as my organizer since it was Claris Organizer, and don't want to do without its wonderful flexibility in printing, the lovely attach functions, and so on. Yet OS X has so many internal hooks to the Apple Address Book that having that app properly populated is also a major plus.

The issue is exactly as stated in the original topic: how can one easily keep Palm Desktop (n.b. not a Palm handheld computer) in sync with Apple Address Book? Software to software, no hardware in the chain.

Thanks.

5. klktrk macrumors newbie

Having upgraded to Snow Leopard, I also would like to dig into this topic, since syncing my Palm Centro via isync no longer works. I can sync to Palm Desktop, so am looking for a way to sync, as you say, software to software: Palm Desktop app <-> Address Book app
    & Palm desktop app <-> iCal app.

Or, has anyone tried using the pre-snow-leopard isync conduit in snow leopard or is that data corruption city?