Sync SMS from iPhone to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by glossolalia, Dec 28, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2010
    Hey everyone,

Just bought an iPad and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer/sync all my texts from my iPhone to my iPad. Can someone tell me an easy way to do this?

2. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    There's no way. SMS is a phone function, and iPads don't have phone capacity. There are texting apps that let you receive SMS on an iPad, but since they use a different phone # from your iPhone, the texts can't sync between iPad and iPhone. Even with iMessage, in order for the message to be sent to both iPad and iPhone, the sender has to send the message to your email address, not your phone #.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2008
    True. However, if all you want to do is look at your SMS history, both sent & received, you could use something like PhoneView on your Mac, export the SMS to a PDF or some other format and then view those on the iPad. This is something I've done.
  4. macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2010

you can install wifisms on your iphone and then access it from your ipad's browser
  5. macrumors 68030

Feb 13, 2011
    Baltimore, Maryland
    If you used the Google Voice app with a Google Voice number for all of your texts (and abandoned the message app on the iPhone), you could have the same conversations on the iPad as the iPhone. Also, you could use GrowlVoice on a Mac, or GVNotifier on a Windows PC. Plus, you could text and see history via a web browser on any system.