Sync some contacts with Dot Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacMyDay, Dec 4, 2006.

1. MacMyDay macrumors regular

I've now got 4 Macs in the office for employees and figured it would make sense to sync some information (contacts, calendars) with all of them, so they know when I'm around. However, I can't seem to work out how I can only share some groups with .Mac - such as only the "Work" calendar, and also only some of the groups of Contacts, instead of them all, because I don't want my employees to randomly end up with all of my personal contacts in their address books.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Gee macrumors 65816

For the calendar, you can 'publish' the Work calendar using Publish in the Calendar menu of iCal. I believe that each of your colleagues can then subscribe to the Work calendar through iCal in the same way.

3. MacMyDay thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, is there anyway of doing this via the Address Book either?

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm sure you could choose which folders you wanted to Sync using iSync on 10.3

4. Gee macrumors 65816

I seem to remember you could do this before as well, but I had a look and there doesn't seem to be a way any longer. Maybe someone else knows different...

5. MacMyDay thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, having looked, iTunes now gives you the capability that iSync used to, to your iPod via the "Contact" option....which allows you to choose whether you export all of the data, or only some groups or some calendars. Why would they remove this from .Mac, yet include it with iTunes to your iPod?

Hope I'm missing something here