Sync time between bootcamp and osx?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by whyrichard, Mar 2, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002
    Hello guys,

what is the best solution to automatically having windows sync to the correct time upon startup?

and/or mac syncing to the correct time after being in bootcamp?

2. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Sorry I don't really have an answer for you, but I'd really like to know the answer myself as well!
  3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002
    i thought there was some script to automatically do this... anyone heard of this?
  4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Using the built-in time synchronization feature in each operating system should be enough.

In Mac OS X, this option can be found in Date & Time inside System Preferences. In Windows XP, it is found in Control Panel, in Date and Time.
  5. kinchee87 macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2007
    New Zealand
    The Bootcamp drivers should have installed a startup program called AppleTime.exe which correctly updates the time in Windows.
  6. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Exactly. You did install the Boot Camp drivers, right? Vista has some authentications problems with AppleTime.exe (I have a thread about it just a few posts down from this), but with XP it works without a fuss.

If you have Mac OS X set to network time sync, it will do so at login (unlike Windows network time sync, which seems to be... I've never actually run Windows long enough to see it sync even once).
  7. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Yea I did all that, still never managed to see it update time though. I always get impatient and tell "Time" to update with windows blah blah blah server or whatever.
  8. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Jul 22, 2002
    Toledo, OH, formerly Twin Cities, MN
    How does one get AppleTime.exe installed on Vista? Many of the drivers from the CD I had to install by hand.
  9. NSGMACS macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    MAC Windows Time Sync

The problem has nothing to do with boot camp drivers unless you login local to the mac everytime. when windows logs out it wipes out the real time clock and apple time service doesnt start until after you are loged in. this issue can be sixed with a windows sid reg entry of