Synchronize iTunes music between Mac and Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by giolicious, Nov 14, 2011.

1. macrumors member

giolicious

is there a built-in feature of iTunes to synchronize music between a Mac and a Windows?

2. macrumors 6502

Why not just put ur itunes on an hdd and change it to hdd in itunes settings? Or even better sign up to itunes match or buy a network drive

3. macrumors newbie

Are you running windows on the mac? If so, there is a program called iTunes Library Updater that will refresh your library (i.e. add any new songs you've added/bought from iTunes while running OSX) to your Windows version of iTunes. If not, and Windows is running on a separate machine to your mac, then if you enable home sharing, you can set your libraries to sync with each other. To do this, enable home sharing, and your mac will show up in the left hand pane of iTunes. Select it and at the bottom there is a 'Settings' button. Select this and you can choose whether to sync music, podcasts, apps, etc. Just do this for both your mac and your windows machine.

IC

4. macrumors 68040

5. macrumors regular

Good post, I had no idea you could sync entire libraries over home sharing.

6. thread starter macrumors member

giolicious

i don't think this will work on non-purchased iTunes music.

7. macrumors member

It does. I have it working at home and I've never bought a single song from iTunes (and I'll probably keep it that way)