Synchronizing .mac email and mail on my pb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diatribe, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I cannot seem to figure this one out myself... I want to synchronize the mail I sent via webmail, and saved of course, with mail on my powerbook.
    It always only seems to synchronize my received mail but not the sent mail.
    If anyone knows how to do this it would help me out a lot.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Not positive on this (away from my Mac and check it out), but I think that there may be an option in the advanced settings pane for Mail. I could be totally wrong though.

3. blackbones macrumors member

should work if you set up your mail account on your pb as imap rather than pop3

4. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

In Mail prefs under accounts, click on your .Mac account, and in the "special mailboxes" tab click all the checkboxes on. This will make Mail and webmail identical - drafts, sent, junk, trash, everything...

5. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Thanks for all the replies. I figured it out... it doesn't store the messages under sent-mailbox but rather it creates a new folder and names it sent messages and puts all the sent webmail stuff in there. I don't know why it does that, since it's annoying but at least they are there. Thanks.

Oh, one more question... When I leave copies of sent messages on the server doesn't that take away from the 15mb email space?