syncing Cel phone and Powerbook through bluetooth...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by proverbs, Oct 19, 2005.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

i was trying to sync my motorola v710 with my PB through BT. i'm not sure exactly how it works, but i followed the directions that was given on this page:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050501151747917

it recognizes the phone, but i can't sync it with anythings.

can someone please help me out?

2. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

i think the problem might be that my software is TOO new? i just dod a software update today, and it is version 8700_02.03.00R. can't find anything on this software though.

3. native00 macrumors regular

native00

I have the new ROKR phone and while I can send pics, games, and custom tones via Bluetooth, I was also told that I would not be able to sync my phone with my Powerbook. Sorry, but I don't remember the specifics as to why.

The best place to ask questions about phones is howardsforums.com. Try the Motorola section or the Bluetooth section. Of course, you will have to register, but people there are really knowledgeable about all kinds of phones.

4. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

5. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

wow. that truly sucks.

6. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

so there is no way to sync my calendar with my phone through bluetooth?

7. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

i finally got my USB data cable for my V710, but it still doesn't work with iSync. i went on macosxhints and followed their directions for editing the .plist file, but no luck.

anyone else have a problem using iSync with this phone?

8. California macrumors 68040

California

I would call Apple or call my cellphone people. I do have the SOny Ericsson phone on the Apple list and the minute i get bluetooth, I'm going to try this very same thing but I think I need to go through my cell phone provider.

9. dxm113 macrumors member

try deleting the phone completely from your BT preferences. Power cycle the phone and try to repair.

If you have edited the iSync prefernces correctly, you should be able to sync via BT.

Check out the howard fourms, lots of good info there

Here is a link to a search for the v710 and Mac OS X:

http://www.howardforums.com/search.php?searchid=4443

10. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

dx - i followed the macosxhints and howardofrums directions and it didn't work...but i just restarted my PB and opened iSync again, and now it works! :D what i'm wondering is why do we need the USB cable? the bluetooth works just fine without the cable.

11. Aliquis macrumors regular

Aliquis

It seems to be working with my Ericsson T637, but I can't figure out why it's failing with you Moto.