Syncing iCal between 2 Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yg17, Oct 4, 2004.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have an iBook and Powermac G5 both with 10.3.5 on them. No .mac membership though because IMO, it's not worth it. Is there a way for me to easily sync the iCals on both of the computers without a .mac membership? Either a workaround in iSync or a different program? Thanks

2. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Peyote

I forget how, but you can publish and subscribe to another mac's iCal Calendars. I'm subscribed to one right now that lists all the major holidays.

Sorry, can't remember how you do it though.

3. bonk macrumors member

go under 'calendar > publish" and it will take you through it. the problem is, on the other computer, the one you _subscribe_ with, that calendar will be read-only. I have my calendars synced between 4 computers, but I did it by loggin into the same .mac account on each one. I dont know if you'll be able to make any changes on the subscribing calendar (this is the one big thing that annoys me about ical - maybe they'll fix this in tiger) without having .mac.

4. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

if you got a bluetooth-enabled phone, this should work out fine. or better yet, if both computers have bluetooth, this should work out too (in theory).