Syncing pictures from iPhone to Mac

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Grolubao, Oct 16, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hi all,
    I have a iPhone 4 which soon will be updated to iOS 5 and 10.7.2 version in my Macbook Pro.

How can I sync the pictures that I take with my iPhone to my Mac without using iPhoto? It seems like the window users have an application to do this. I just wanted to sync directly from my iphone to a folder in my Mac.

Sorry if this question was already asked...

2. macrumors 68000

bobr1952

I'm sure there are plenty of Mac solutions--for me, I use a program called View It. I don't use iPhoto--but I like to have a program to view photos and View It works for me. When you have your iPhone connected, View It will treat it as a digital camera source and will copy all the pictures on your phone to your Mac.

http://www.hexcat.com/viewit/index.html

3. macrumors 68000

You have to use iPhoto? Can't Image Capture be used? Anyway, I was thinking of buying an iPhone, but don't want to go through the hassles of iPhoto (used it once, and then never again).

4. macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

I use Image Capture, which comes on your MBP. I like it!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

My bad, I was referring in syncing with the cloud. Meaning I'll take a picture and automatically that picture is pushes into my mac through the cloud. It seems like the only way to do this is by using iPhoto

6. macrumors 6502a

yes

7. macrumors newbie

I like to use SyncPod. its free to try, but you can buy it for $39.99... its a pretty good program.

8. macrumors 68020

AppleFanatic10

Yeah. Pretty much the only way you can sync between the iPhone and the Mac via iCloud is by using iPhoto. I don't think there's any other way around it.

9. macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

Yup, as far as I know and have read, IPhoto is the only way to get your photos synced between all your devices using ICloud.